Experience Peak Savings For Off-Peak Energy Use With Our Time-of-Use (T.O.U.) Program.
Please Note: At this time, the T.O.U. Program is available exclusively to Marianna customers.
FPU’s Time-of-Use (T.O.U.) program offers Marianna customers the potential opportunity to lower their annual energy costs by reducing their electric use during peak periods. While the T.O.U. program is not for everyone, those most likely to experience favorable results are individuals who:
- Are away from their home or business and not using a significant amount of electricity during peak times
- Have the discipline needed to avoid using energy during peak times of the day
- Are prepared to change their energy usage routine and lifestyle to take full advantage of the T.O.U. system
- Will accept a Free Energy Check-Up
- Are prepared to pay increased rates in the event that they use electricity during peak hours while on the program
Peak & Off-Peak Guidelines
Peak Periods: The T.O.U. Program has ‘On-peak’ and ‘Off-peak’ rates that are designed to shift usage away from the ‘Peak Hours’. To truly benefit from T.O.U. rates, a substantial portion of a customer’s electric use must be shifted away from the following periods, Monday-Friday:
Winter: (Oct. 1 – April 30) 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Summer: (May 1 – Sept. 30) 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Off-Peak Periods: Include all other hours, weekends and a number of major holidays.
Measuring Your Energy Use on T.O.U.
If you sign up for this program, FPU will arrange to install a special T.O.U. meter at your home. This T.O.U. meter records your ‘On-peak’ and ‘Off-peak’ kilowatt-hour consumption. Please note that using large appliances leads to higher levels of consumption. Examples of large appliances include dishwashers, AC units, electric heating systems, electric ovens and clothes dryers.
Possible Pros & Cons of T.O.U. Program
Pros of Time-of-Use
- Residential customers can potentially save up to $200 per year; commercial customers may see even greater savings
- T.O.U. can result in effortless savings for individuals who are already away from their homes during peak hours
- The program is free to join and free for participants to cancel at any time
- Reducing ‘On-peak’ demands for electricity can help keep rates down for all customers
Cons of Time-of-Use
- Participants who use electricity during peak hours will pay higher rates
- Certain participants may need to drastically change their routines and lifestyles to experience lower bills
- Success of certain participants may be seasonal as ‘On-peak’ hours differ from summer to winter
- FPU will accommodate any customer that wishes to participate, but ‘On-peak’ usage will increase your bill
Think T.O.U. may be right for you?
Call 800.427.7712 to speak with an FPU representative or complete the T.O.U. Enrollment Form below to get started.