Benefits of Propane
Greater reliability and superior appliance performance are two of propane’s many advantages. Learn more about the benefits of propane below.
Propane is Green
- Burning propane releases about half the amount of carbon dioxide than generating non-gas*
*Propane Education and Research Council
- Propane is an approved clean alternative fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act
Propane is Reliable
- Homes or businesses with propane can still cook and use hot water*—even when the power goes out
*In the event of a power outage, a propane tank-style water heater continues to operate automatically while a propane tankless water heater requires a simple battery.
Propane is Versatile
- Propane can be used virtually anywhere and everywhere, regardless of a home or business’ size, style or location
- FPU offers a variety of value-added services designed to provide superior convenience and ensure customers have plenty of propane when they need it most
Propane is Domestic
- More than 95% of the propane used in the United States is produced in North America