Combing A Strong History With An Even Stronger Future.
Florida Public Utilities (FPU) has been providing energy to homes and businesses throughout Florida since 1924. In 2009, Chesapeake Utilities acquired Florida Public Utilities. Chesapeake already operated in Florida as Central Florida Gas. This acquisition expanded Chesapeake’s energy presence throughout the state while providing FPU the opportunity to grow and expand its services. The two Companies share a combined rich history spanning 150 years and our commitment to distributing safe, reliable, fairly priced energy remains unchanged.
Central Florida Gas serves customers in west/central Florida area. For additional information, visit www.cfgas.com.
In August 2010, FPU purchased the natural gas operating assets of Indiantown Gas Company. FPU now serves approximately 700 residential customers and several commercial customers in the Indiantown, Florida area.
FPU has also expanded its reach to serve more customers with propane service. In December 2011, the company purchased Crescent Propane which serves Newberry, Florida and surrounding areas.
Barefoot Bay, a community gas system in Indian River County, is the last of FPU’s propane acquisitions, purchased in February 2012.
On August 21, 2012, FPU was granted a non-exclusive franchise to provide gas distribution services within the City of Okeechobee. The thirty-year Agreement will bring natural gas service to residential and commercial customers. Okeechobee has convenient access to both coasts and all of Central Florida, and the Company looks forward to playing a vital role as an area partner in this community.
Click below for specific FPU Division contact info:
Central Florida Gas
Indiantown Gas Customers
For Customer Service, please call -800.427.7712
Indiantown Gas Natural Gas Tariff
Crescent Propane Customers
For Customer Service, please call – 855.583.4973
Barefoot Bay Customers
For Customer Service, please call - 855.583.4973
Scope of Services
- FPU currently provides natural gas, electricity and propane gas service to growing residential, commercial and industrial markets throughout Florida
- FPU is dedicated to providing customers with the direct tools they need to save energy and money in their homes and businesses
- Through our network of Energy Partners, we offer customers a wide array of services to help them install and maintain energy- efficient gas appliances in their homes and businesses
Helping Consumers Save Energy
- FPU encourages ‘greener living’ through energy conservation rebates, commercial incentives and value-added services, including Free Energy Check-Ups
- We believe that educating our customers (and consumers in general) about the benefits of conserving energy and becoming more energy-efficient is one of the best services we can provide. We continuously look for ways to inform and expand our energy conservation efforts and are always prepared to help our customers find ways to save energy and money
- FPU is committed to helping Floridians save money and reduce their environmental impact via statewide energy conservation and numerous other earth-friendly initiatives
- FPU is committed to doing our part to support the communities we serve, work and live in. We encourage the participation of all of our employees in community events and in sponsoring local organizations. We believe that our involvement creates stronger communities, which benefits our customers, employees and stakeholders
- Our team members make a personal connection with organizations that are important to them through payroll deductions to the United Way, as well as yearly participation in walks and events for local organizations. Together, we ensure that FPU and our team members continue to have a strong presence in the communities we serve. Click for a list of organizations supported by FPU and its employees.